Wednesday, September 21, 2011

the first adventure of le casserole bain-marie!!

So....for forever i have been wanting this glorious piece of kitchen equipment.  But somehow the name 'kitchen equipment' just doesn't cut it.  This beautiful stainless steel piece of wonderfulness has been at the tip topity of my list of things to buy.  A pyrex bowl over a pan of simmering water has had to suffice ever since my love of baking was in its infancy.  Then one day (just so happened to be my birthday) i awoke to an ordinary seeming day...who am i kidding...there was something in the air as i left my room.  I walked into the kitchen to find the table filled with fantastical things all for moi!!  And what to my wondering eyes did appear, but that melter of all things chocolate and beyond.....a dOUBle BoiLEr!!!  Never will there be another ring upon my mother's non-stick pans.
 The first recipe to grace my DB was a mississippi mud pie.  The butter was dropped into the top sauce pan and immediately started melting into a beautiful mess.
  Then the greatest of all chocolate (that i have come across) was added and this is what you come up with.  A velvety pot of honestly the most richdecadent tasting chocolate.  It trumps your store bought chocolate ANY day of the week.  If you ever want to splurge, this is the way to go.  Anyway....back to the DB.
    After letting the chocolate cool before adding it to the rest of the recipe the 'little pot that could' was not needed anymore.  Not that it was forgotten.  It will be used numerous times in its future.  And besides it's Martha Stewart's brand.  It should last forever right?? Mmmmm....let the chocolate start rolling...erm....into my mouth. ;)

1 comment: